The Scandinavia Chapter of 85 Broads
· Announces ·
Spring 2012 News
A BIG THANKS TO SOME RETIRING CHAPTER LEADERS!
Jaleh Taheri, co-founder of the Scandinavian Chapter, has been a vital force in the establishment and growth of the Chapter. An expert on the Middle East, Jaleh runs the Women for Sustainable Growth initiative at the Center for Middle Eastern Studies in Lund. After serving many years on our Leadership Team (LT), Jaleh is stepping down. We are forever indebted to her leadership and service – and we will miss her commitment and passion! Thank you, Jaleh and congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!
Astrid Bengtsson has been an enormous asset to the LT over the years. Her work on strategy, recruitment and events in Lund/Malmö and Sthlm has helped advance the Chapter beyond what we had thought possible back in 2009. Thank you for your work on the LT, Astrid, and we all look forward to seeing you at future events - and following your future achievements!
THESE INSPIRING WOMEN HAVE JUST JOINED...
CEOs, private equity experts, engineers, translators, global account managers, business development experts, teachers, and project manager gurus - are just some of the latest inspiring, internationally-minded women to join our Chapter. We're now well over 150 members here in Northern Europe! And globally our network is close to 30,000 members.
Please join us in welcoming our latest members:
• Helene Auramo (CEO, Zipipop), Helsinki
• Birgitta Möller (CEO, Word Art by Birgitta Möller Inc.), Bjärred
• Mari Arn (Freelance translator and Consultant), Oslo
• Sally Ann Hilser (Global Account Manager, InterCall), Stockholm
• Sara Haag (From Catalyst Engineer to Area Sales Manager, Haldor Topsoe), Lund
• Caroline Annetun (Process Officer, Tetra Pak Packaging Solutions AB), Lomma
• Leena Bansal (Teacher, Soderkulla International School), Malmö
• Elin Sundeman (Project Coordinator-Leave of absence, Cbg Konsult AB-Translation Industry), Stockholm
• Annika Lindqvist (Project Manager, AB Tetra Pak), Löddeköpinge
• Tina Heide (Project Manager, Tetra Pak Packaging Solutions), Malmö
• Nazneen Ayaz (Marketing Communications Manager, Anoto), Malmö
• Ida Svensson (Manager, Tetra Pak Technical Service), Malmö
• Linda Wikström (Investment Professional / Partner, Triton Advisers), Stockholm
• Katrien Broeders (Associate Director, KPMG), Beijing/Amsterdam
• Eva Annala (Sales Specialist, Thomson Reuters), Stockholm
• Boel Sandberg (Sales, Ikea), Malmö
• Ingela Fagerlund (Senior Manager, Accenture AB), Stockholm
• Marivi Nadal (European Focal Point, Junior Observatory of Sustainability), Stockholm
Welcome to the 85 Broads network, ladies!
Get to know one of the Scandinavian Chapter Members (log on to view):
Johanna Rastad, Investment Manager, Procuritas AB
We caught up with Johanna Rastad, Investment Manager at Procuritas AB, Stockholm to hear some of her insights on her international network of business women.
Where are you from and where do you work now?
I was born in Uppsala and now work in Stockholm.
What is your best networking tip?
- Bring confidence, yet not arrogance, into all conversations.
- Search for people different from you; likeminded people will find you.
- Be open-minded and humble towards religions, traditions, etc., unfamiliar to you.
Why did you join 85 Broads?
Purely for egoistic reasons. I was invited by a close friend and found the people I met interesting, intelligent and unpretentious. Casual friendships can be fun, but close friendship is what will make me grow professionally and as an individual.
How has your international work experience shaped you as a professional and an individual?
It has played an enormous role in my professional and private life. After six years abroad, I moved back to Sweden. I have an international base for my work, and contacts established with people overseas are instrumental for my work. I also learned how to work hard for what I want and to be professionally more unafraid. On the personal side, I established a group of close friends from various cultures who are now my best friends. I also learned what it's like to be a foreigner and to establish a life in a new location. This opened my mind in a revolutionary way.
SOME DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
Wednesday, June 13: After Work _Malmö@ Sankt Gertrud(Haqvin Bager). Östergatan 7B, 211 25 Malmö. Time: 18:00. Contact: Josefine M Engström +46(0)733-36 13 04
Tuesday, June 19: After Work_STHLM @ San Leandro Tapas. Sveavägen 74, 113 59 Stockholm. Time: 18:30. Contact: Dita Långsten 0736-63 30 21
This fall in Stockholm, the Scandinavian Chapter is planning a number of art-themed events. Keep checking the Chapter’s webpage on 85Broads.com for info.
Fun workshop with Amy Carroll Lund
Log on to the Scandinavia Chapter page to check out the photos from their latest events.
Chapter events from the past few months include:
Workshop “The Art & Science of Positive Influence” in Lund, 04-17-12
Power Lunch on Referral Networking with Stefan Molander in Stockholm, 02-21-12
Personal Leadership Workshop in Malmö, 02-15-12
Workshop “Design the game so you can win” in Lund, 02-15-12
Bollywood Dance Session in Malmö, 02-07-12
Coaching Workshop in Malmö, 11-22-12
Participatory Leadership Practices in Lund, 11-16-11
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
We are still looking for a few more volunteers (newsletter writer, volunteers to organize after works in the Malmö/Lund/Copenhagen area, events volunteers in Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and general volunteers in Amsterdam), so send us an e-mail if you are interested.
POWER LUNCH ROUNDTABLES - WE'RE LOOKING FOR A HOST!
Does your company have a good conference space in which we could hold a Stockholm Power Lunch Roundtable? The quarterly events usually have 15-25 attendees and the moderated lunch takes about 1-1.5 hours. We handle logistics. Sponsorship of light lunch is ideal or, alternatively, the ability for members to purchase their own lunches. Let Catherine Mulligan (email@example.com) know!
IS YOUR PROFILE UP-TO-DATE on 85Broads.com?
Changed your e-mail address recently? Check your profile page on 85Broads.com and make sure the information there is up-to-date - most importantly, your e-mail address. Remember, the e-mail address you provide there is the primary way we can keep in touch with you. You must update it yourself - we can't do it for you.
Hope to see you at the next event!
- Scandinavia Chapter Leadership Team
About 85 Broads
85 Broads is a global women's network whose mission is to generate exceptional professional and social value for its members through regional network events and online at 85Broads.com. Members invest their time, their intellect, and their financial capital in each other, across multiple generations, which is what makes 85 Broads so unique.
The women in 85 Broads are entrepreneurs, investment bankers, consultants, film makers, lawyers, educators, athletes, venture capitalists, portfolio managers, political leaders, philanthropists, doctors, engineers, artists, scientists, FT parents, and students.
Learn more about our exclusive global network and apply for membership.